The History of Panola National Bank
Panola National Bank was granted Charter #17967 by the Comptroller of the Currency on October 6, 1983, after the ten organizing directors had subscribed to or sold stock in the amount of $3,000,000 to 282 stockholders with the majority of them residing in Panola County. The bank remains the only bank in Panola County that is principally owned by local residents.
The charter members of the Board of Directors were Thomas Adams, Warren Biggs, Bev Brown, John Cain, John Lowe, Jerry Hanszen, Olin Joffrion, Sr., Crawford Parker, Jr., Roy Rosson and Raymond Schieffer. In July, 1999, Panola National Bank opened its first branch in Marshall, Texas. The branch is located at 2203 Victory Drive.
The officers of Panola National Bank are:
- Warren T. Biggs - Vice-Chairman and CEO
- Gary W. Claxton - President and COO
- Brett A. Biggs - Executive Vice-President
- William M. Goolsby - Sr. Vice-President
- Cecilia A. English - Sr. Vice-President / Cashier
- Kay C. Garrett - Sr. Vice-President
- Judy C. Wilkins - Vice President
- Royce B. Plemmons - Vice-President
- Tammy Lee - Assistant Vice-President
- Denice Guerra - Administrative Officer
The present members of the Board of Directors are:
- Keith Adams
- Brett Biggs
- Warren Biggs
- Bev Brown
- John Cain
- Gary Claxton
- Kay C. Garrett
- William Goolsby
- Jerry Hanszen
- Olin Joffrion, Jr.
- Keith Keeling, M.D.
- Steve Lowe
- Royce Plemmons